The cost controller will support the Director of Operations in supporting the existing and new projects. He/ She is responsible for supporting day to day activities of all operations including purchasing, inventory, production and P&L. This role will require you to work with all functions across the business. Specifically, the role will interact with the Operations, Finance, Marketing & PR, R&D and Property teams. The role will work with Company’s CEO, COO, Head of R&D, external suppliers and contractors.
- Implement guidelines for handling and controlling food ingredients within the standard operating procedure to meet and keep the budgeted food cost at controllable percentage.
- Record and monitor wastage, cost of goods, packaging, utilities of the stores to minimize and control expenses.
- Inspect the warehouses, storage rooms and check the temperature log and FEFO stocking system in regular basis to ensure correct handling of stock is being followed.
- Carry out inventory on a regular basis to ensure the right amount of stock is met at all times.
- Check and reconciliate any variance in the stocks and report to the GM.
- Establish work flows, practices and standards to ensure that ongoing support for operations.
- Analyze and project the ordering of stock bi-monthly and coordinate with the Operations Manager.
- Prepare monthly reports related to operations activates in collaboration with Operations Manager.
- Oversee costs of sales, wastage and shrinkage, and monitor budgets and costs as per company policy.
- Responsible for the costing and pricing and overall promotion of products and new products launched.
- Control inventories of F & B commodities, small equipment and other consumables.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly analysis and category reports for Top Management.
- Develop and implement all necessary administrative policies and procedures to ensure that the operations team continues to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Liaise with finance, supply chain and IT Departments to make sure all system, recipes, production modules are uploaded to the system.
- Devise long term development strategies for product categories and develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products.
- Forge relationships with supply chain to achieve better pricing and quality of products.
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility.
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category and competition analysis as well as getting the data or insights to determine customer trends.
- Collaborate with marketing and development to get the monthly, quarterly and annual PMIX analysis to create an optimum range in product to deliver budgeted figures.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as Financial Controller or any relevant field.
- 4 years Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in computer software including word processing and spreadsheets, Oracle.
- Strong track record in food service industry, preferably QSR categories.
- Solid understanding of accounting/ finance in a business.
- Strong Communication, Organizational, Operational and Managerial skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Energetic self-starter
- Attention to detail
- Ability to travel and adapt to a multi-cultural environment