At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Operating Unit Overview
Our Accounting Advisory team currently has exciting opportunities within its KSA based team. Our team provides complex accounting and reporting advice on a variety of projects and transactions to a variety of clients across government related entities, corporates and family businesses.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated accountant with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects, a strong technical knowledge and a commercially rounded mindset, and an ability to work in a demanding project and transaction environment.
- As a Manager, you will be required to assist the team managers to deliver on iconic and complex accounting advisory engagements with a variety of clients. This will involve interacting and developing relationships with key client staff and engaging in a professional and confident manner.
- You will also be required to possess good task management skills as the delivery role requires you to work on potentially multiple projects at the same time and therefore balance and manage your tasks and commitments.
- You should strong technical accounting skills but also apply them in a commercial context and be able to provide practical and commercial accounting advice to clients that address their objectives;
- The role also requires the candidate to have a solid knowledge of IFRS and be able to conduct in depth research on complex matters, prepare technical papers for discussion with senior team members and apply critical thinking.
- You will be primarily based in our Riyadh office, serving our local clients, but also working with colleagues in all Saudi Arabia (such as Jeddah and Dammam) as well as within the Middle Region.
- You are also anticipated to have a large amount of interaction with the other PwC lines of services (such as tax, legal, deals, etc.) which requires a high-level understanding of the wider PwC offering and trends outside your core area of expertise.
- You will be expected to develop and build positive relationships with both internal PwC team members and also client staff.
- The role sits within a commercially focused technical accounting team in PwC, which will provide a fantastic development opportunity for the candidate to develop commercial focused accounting and reporting skills alongside the opportunity to work on a number of iconic accounting and reporting transformation projects.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output;
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business studies, accounting or finance;
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: ACA, ACCA, CPA;
- Years of Experience: 3 – 8 years of audit or other relevant experience in a Big 4 firm. Any accounting advisory experience is beneficial. Similarly, any experience in the GCC would be beneficial;
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Language Skills: Fluent in English and Arabic. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- In-depth understanding of IFRS and general accounting principles;
- Strong interest and passion for enhancing technical accounting skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel within Saudi Arabia, the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.