Are you excellent in decision making and do you have knowlegde of the latest medical developments? Then we are looking for you! For our client are we looking for a Consultant Ophthalmology. Our client is a private multi-specialty hospital in Kuwait. Their 130 bed accredited facility includes inpatient rooms, labor rooms, neonatal units, Intensive Care Units, Operation Theatres, Emergency Room, outpatient clinics and sub-specialized medical/surgical fields.
what we offer
Your salary is a tax free all-inclusive salary! You will have a direct and permanent employment with our client for either 2 or 3 years. They offer 30 days annual paid leave and annual study leave depending on your position. They cover healthcare insurance or treatment and provide you with a medical malpractice insurance. Also you’ll be able to get employee discounts, furnished accommodation/housing allowance and a lot more.
Our client is looking to hire a dynamic and motivated Consultant Ophthalmology specialized in Retina, as part of the development and expansion of the ophthalmology services.
- Assess and examine patients in order to make a diagnosis;
- Manage ophthalmic conditions mainly retina issues, taking into account both the medical and psychological aspects of patient care;
- Manage busy general outpatient clinics, emergency eye clinics and specialist clinics;
- Do occasional ward rounds;
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team that includes optometrists, orthoptists and nurses, as well as with specialists such as neurologists, ENT (ear, nose and throat) surgeons, pediatricians and geneticists;
- Operate equipment such as ophthalmoscopes, slit lamps and lenses;
- Provide advice and reassurance to patients and family members;
- Educate patients to help them understand their medical condition;
- Handle legal documentation for the certification of patients as blind or partially sighted;
- Support health promotion and disease prevention activities.
who you are
You are a dedicated physician with subspecialized area of eye and vision care. As Retina Specialists you specialize in diseases and conditions related to the vitreous and retina.
skills & competencies:
- Excellent decision making skills, knowledge of the latest medical developments, genuine care and concern for the patients;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team of healthcare professionals.
education & qualifications:
- MBBS or equivalent qualification AND completion of specialty qualification Ophthalmology and subspecialty Retina AND PhD or board certification;
- Minimum 7 years’ post-graduation experience (minimum of 12 years in total);
- Willing to relocate to Kuwait;