Our client is one of the leading digital assets companies that provide secure financial services across the GCC. They are currently looking for an Assistant Compliance Officer/Deputy MLRO to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support the Head of Compliance in implementing the board-approved compliance program, ensuring that the Company complies with regulatory requirements and internal procedures.
• Maintain an effective AML/CFT communication program for the organization, including an effective compliance training program for all relevant employees and senior management.
• Support the Head of Compliance in conducting internal compliance monitoring.
• Responsible for the timely response to inquiries from regulators or other authorities.
• Monitor the performance of the AML/CFT program and related activities continuously, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
• Maintain knowledge and updates of industry standards and international regulatory requirements and highlight to management any concerns of non-compliance or improvements that need revision.
• Ensure all relevant staff is effectively trained on AML/CFT and their respective responsibilities and identifying any additional training needs – as required.
• Responsible for receiving and addressing all Compliance and AML/CFT related queries, including STRs, and getting them reviewed by the MLRO for further analysis and reporting to the authorities as required.
• Assist the Head of Compliance and MLRO in preparing annual reports on
• Compliance-related matters, including AML/CFT presentations and Compliance MIS to the Senior Management and Board of Directors.
• Ensure all staff in the Compliance Department are being developed and trained appropriately.
• Assist the Head of Compliance and MLRO with other compliance-related activities – as required.
• Handle any other ad-hoc assignments delegated by the Head of Compliance from time to time.