Job Description and Qualifications
To direct, control the construction execution of projects, under the leadership of the Manager of Construction, involving high technology equipment, engineering and services to achieve project completion on time, within budget and at the required levels of quality taking into account safety and reliability.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Provide overall project Systems Completion leadership and expertise during construction and commissioning.
- Assists the Commissioning Manager in the preparation and completions documents and identifies resources to review the documents as required.
- Liaises and interfaces with Information Management positions to ensure
completions data supports project requirements.
- Identifies and resolves project related completions issues.
- Coordinates with Commissioning and Completions advisor to maintain compliance with completions standards.
- Ensures appropriate systems MCC, Commissioning, and Turnover documentation is completed.
- Closely works with the Contractors to ensure satisfactory project completion quality is attained.
- Assists Commissioning Manager in working with the Start-up Team to achieve successful turnover, start-up.
- Prepare and develop Turnover and Completion Packages.
- Ensure that projects utilize a computerized Systems Completion Database for completion progress tracking, certification, and quality purposes.
- Interface with Commissioning Manager in seeking assistance for solving problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree
- (5-8) years of Project Systems Completion Global best practices, processes, and expectations with respect to Mechanical Completion, Preservation, Commissioning.
- Strong understanding of Project execution, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning & Completion practices and ability to communicate.
- Strong understanding of work planning, scheduling and tracking
- Ability to work in harsh environments, in stressful situation.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of typical engineering tools
- Effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the design team in the resolution of project related issues.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team environment.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- AIR PRODUCTS VALUES
- All Air Products divisions are committed to the effective use of the AP Values. It is important that all employees understand and utilize these values when performing the duties of his/her position.
- Quality encompasses all aspects of AP’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.