The CSG Relationship Manager is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses’ core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams.
- Calls on clients to deepen relationships and proactively owning, responding to and anticipating any future needs, roadblocks or risks, leveraging internal resources to assist where necessary
- Responsible for resolving issues with clients’ portfolios to enhance complete satisfaction
- Working closely with senior RMs, product specialists and subject matter experts across the bank to structure customized solutions that meet clients’ unique needs
- Working closely with senior RMs to leverage the expertise and capabilities of other Citi businesses to better achieve mutual business goals together
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities to deepen and increase share of wallet
- Drives innovation in the solutions we provide clients and further developing our business where necessary and appropriate
- Identifying and pursuing new clients aligned with CITI COMMERCIAL BANK (CCB)’s value proposition.
- Staying connected with influencers, industry associations, thought leaders and senior business contacts to expand industry knowledge and deepen CITI COMMERCIAL BANK (CCB)’s relationship with these partners
- Ensuring deals are structured to balance risk and reward, so teams’ incentives align with acting in the clients’ interests
- Actively protects Citi’s assets and reputation by being the first line of defense from credit risk management perspective
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and Citi’s policies / guidelines at all time
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Good understanding and knowledge of commercial banking products and process
- Demonstrates intermediate knowledge of credit skills and Early Warning Detection
- Demonstrates intermediate understanding of accounting principles, financial modeling and financial statement analysis
- Ability to work effectively in team setting
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal skills
- Communicates views with clarity and confidence
- Maintains contact with key stakeholders to proactively seek input as appropriate
- Detail oriented with demonstrated organizational skills
- Passion for creating new business opportunities with existing clients and able to demonstrate innovative approaches to meeting clients’ needs.
- Ability to embrace new technology and understand the role digital plays in the experience we deliver for our clients
- Positive mindset with “can-do” attitude, willingness to go extra miles for providing sound advice and effective services to clients
- Able to anticipate client requests/needs and resolves queries in a timely manner, leveraging internal resources
- Must have a sharp business development focus and demonstrative innovative approaches
- Demonstrates professionalism by being reliable, actively contributing in meetings, asking questions and challenging ideas
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:
Commercial and Business Sales
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting