- Commercial Department Coordinator
- Preparing technical and financial offers for project owners for the purpose of marketing and leasing.
- Coordination with project owners and operation departments – (Facilities Management – Hospitality -..etc).
- Preparing minutes of meetings, outputs, and follow-up.
- Electronic correspondence between individuals and relevant parties.
- Coordination between the design department and marketing to provide support in the department.
- preparing contracts
- identifying opportunities on which to submit bids and feeding into the decision over whether to bid for the work
- devising a successful strategy for winning a bid, including pinpointing the unique selling points (key differentiators) of your organisation, knowing your company’s operating and profit margins and understanding the clients’ specific requirements (the client in this case is the organisation that is offering the work)
- researching, writing and/or checking proposals
- working with key members of the project team and the client organisation to obtain the information required to compile the bid (in the construction industry, members of the project team may include estimators, quantity surveyors, design managers and project managers)
- assessing and addressing the technical and commercial risks relating to the bid they are working on
- managing budgets or, at a more junior level, tracking costs
- negotiating with specialist suppliers and/or subcontractors
- researching current and future market trends
- using Excel, PowerPoint
- Reporting, Dashboard
- a subject related to the sector the role is in (so, for example, a construction management, engineering or quantity surveying degree for construction, infrastructure or transport employers; an electronic engineering, software engineering or computer science degree for technology companies; or a property degree for property management companies)
- a business or management subject (as commercial awareness and a knowledge of business principles is important for the role)
- English literature or English language (as good written communication skills are essential).