Under general supervision, provides psychological assessment, diagnosis and individual, group, and family therapy, case management services, referral, and follow-up to acute, chronic, or moderately disturbed mentally ill clients and/or patients, and consultation with outside facilities and/or agencies.
- Diagnoses or evaluates mental and emotional disorders of individuals and administers programs of treatment; interviews patients in clinics, hospitals, and other settings and studies medical and social case histories.
- Observes patients in various situations; selects, administers, and interprets intelligence, personality, or other psychological tests to diagnose disorders and formulate plans of treatment, and provides consultation to other mental health professionals with regard to test results.
- Treats psychological disorders to effect improved adjustments utilizing various psychological techniques; selects appropriate treatment approach and plans frequency, intensity, and duration of individual, group, and family therapies.
- Assesses patient progress and modifies treatment programs accordingly; communicates with and counsels family members as appropriate.
- Documents therapy in accordance with policies and procedures regarding medical records; implements and adheres to policies which ensure patient confidentiality.
- Provides crisis intervention in situations requiring immediate psychological treatment.
- Participates in educational programs, in-service meetings, clinician meetings, and workshops to enhance professional development and maintain currency of methodology and techniques.
- May instruct and direct students serving psychological internships in hospitals and clinics.
- Provides psychological consultations to other mental health professionals within hospitals, clinics, and other community based agencies with regard to clients and/or patient care.
- May develop and implement clinical research programs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Masters’ degree in Psychology
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Knowledge of Arabic
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill