What You’ll Be Doing:
- Inspect demolition of transportation facilities (roads, streets etc.)
- Construction of roads, , and other associated improvements (curb and gutter, street, sidewalk, landscaping)
- Drainage work, traffic control, compliance with SWPPP requirements
- Irrigation and planting, roadway and overhead sign removal and installation.
- Installation on temporary and permanent signs and delineation
- Taking project photographs on a daily basis and filing them
- Maintains office files related to the project, quantity calculations and writes daily diaries.
- Prepares daily reports and other documentation, as required by the contract
- Performs labor compliance interviews and maintains as-built plans.
- Recognizes potential conflicts, issues and problems, and reports to supervisor with proposed solution.
- Collects, reviews and files Certificate of Compliance, MSDS, inspection tags and other information relevant to the materials used.
- Coordinates work of subconsultants for surveying and material testing.
- Participates in the development of job safety practices and in the preparation of safety reports.
- Participates in the development of quality control reports and procedures.
- Reports on installed quantities to verify applications for payment and change order work.
- Responds to the call backs in case of emergency at the project site.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience in construction supervision of infrastructure projects
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction related processes related to area of assignment
- Good communication skills in English
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Prior experience working on large scale infrastructure projects in Abu Dhabi