Position Purpose (Scope):
The CIO is the person in charge of leading the digitization initiatives for the organization; through implementing new systems and networks to improve and maintain the company’s internal technology processes in order to maximize efficiency through the use of automated systems.
He is also in charge of overseeing the IT infrastructure, ensuring data security and implementation of recovery tools, regular backups, recommending & implementing IT risk management tools through utilization of advanced technologies in order to protect corporate assets
He is also responsible for overseeing the ERP business solutions through strategic selection, fostering strong supplier relationship management, vendor risk assessment and engagement in networking activities to expand supplier base.
He is responsible for overseeing the information technology department’s resources and computer systems and staff; his duties include assessing current processes, recommending software upgrades, and directing the executive team on the best processes.
Tasks, duties and responsibilities (TDR):
Below is a list of material responsibilities and essentials duties which must be completed to achieve the objectives of this position.
- Lead and design the company’s digital transformation journey across all organization functions and processes
- Establish Technological Strategy for the Company in terms of Solutions, Services, Consultancy, etc.
- Manage the operations of the Group’s IT processes in multi-geographical locations with High Availability,
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives and operating procedures.
- Responsible for Program Management and Technology Solutions and Services
- Ensure that technological resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs.
- Outline the goals for research and development.
- Create timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Manage the failover and Disaster Recovery replication and services
- Create and implement the IT Strategy & aligning it with overall Business Strategy
- Assess Risks and analyze Gaps related to IT and Business continuity.
- Specify and work with the team to design proper customer project implementations across the Group
- Organize the operational team projects, tasks, resources and shift schedules in separate locations
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future IT systems across the organization
- Maintain a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivery of IT projects to market
- Manage technology budgets and time frames.
- Stay on top of technology trends and developments.
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with Group directives to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations and Innovative Solutions.
- Develop, track and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through monitoring of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance (KPIs)
- Establish lines of control for current and proposed Information Systems.
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing and operating IT systems.
- Propose and implement Security measures to protect from internal and external threats.
- Negotiate and maintain responsibility for managing various IT related Vendors and Contracts.
- Manage large-scale business application architecture and design efforts; through developing and maintaining application architectures for various business functional areas; resolving integration and interface issues between various applications or systems with focus on optimizing application performance and scalability
- Recruit, evaluate, coach and to provide career planning and employee performance evaluation.
- Act as a mentor to the IT team members
- Act as the guardian of company Data.
Knowledge, skills & abilities (KSA):
Below are statements regarding: educational and experience qualifications, and required proficiencies with specialized knowledge, that are necessary to perform this job.
- B.SC of Information System, Computer Science, or related field, MSc/MA will be preferred
- 15 years’ experience in IT relevant role, 5 years’ experience in a managerial IT role
- Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Certified IT Specialist is a plus
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specification
- Strong understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong abilities in coaching and mentoring processes; used as a development tool, performance booster, and an inspiration to unlock the organizational human potential
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong strategic and business mindset
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Negotiation skills with ability to resolve conflict situations.