Inspire Selection is recruiting a Chief Accountant for a commodities trading company in DMCC / JLT. This is a new role, as previously the accounts were outsourced.
Reporting to the CFO in Europe, you will be responsible for setting up the department and eventually overseeing a small team.
• Accounts Payables, General Ledger, cash flow forecasting, budgeting, cost tracking, monitoring and controls;
• Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries;
• Monthly consolidated financial statements, cash-flow management reporting;
• Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations (initiate payment instructions, supervise and control receiving of cash, cheques, and deposit funds);
• Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts;
• Generate financial reports and statements to Managers for review (monthly, Quarterly, Annually);
• Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to management;
• Assist CFO in relationship management with banks, coordination for setting up credit line and procuring financing;
• Assist CFO in implementation of internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for budget administration, cash/credit management and accounting;
• Assist CFO in implementation and management of new ERP software;
• Arrange and conduct trainings on new ERP system to other departments;
• Assist in providing recommendations to/liaise with ERP Software Provider for ERP performance improvements;
• Preparation and coordination of company’s accounts/financial audits;
• Liaise with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives;
• Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions;
• Monitor and record financial transactions according to company’s policies and regulations;
• Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.