- work closely with process chemists and control engineers to ensure the process plant is set up to provide maximum output levels and efficient running of the production facility
- design plant and equipment configuration so that they can be readily adapted to suit the product range and the process technologies involved, taking environmental and economic aspects into account
- set up scale-up and scale-down processes, including making appropriate changes, to equipment design and configuration
- assess options for plant expansion or reconfiguration by developing and testing process simulation models
- design, install and commission new production plants, including monitoring developments and troubleshooting
- optimise production by analysing processes and compiling debottleneck studies
- apply new technologies
- research new products from trial through to commercialisation and improve product lines
- ensure that potential safety issues related to the project operator, the environment, the process and the product are considered at all stages.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree , Engineering (Chemical) or equivalent.
- You must have process engineering discipline knowledge and field experience to support and maintain day-to-day reliable operations.
- You should have experience in the support of both small and large scale capital projects.
- You must have a thorough knowledge of engineering practices, economic principles, calculation methods, design and international codes, standards, specifications and industry EPC entities.