Supervise and oversee the preparation of food items per guest orders or as assigned by
kitchen management in accordance with production requirements and quality standards
while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
• Ensures that customers are given a prompt and efficient service with timely food
preparation and delivery.
• To ensure by checking that all dishes prepared and presented in your section are
up to the standard laid by the Company
• Execute and maintain standard recipes, cooking techniques and presentation to
• To ensure that the correct and same ingredients are used as specified by the
Head Chef to ensure quality is upheld at all times
• Demonstrates and instructs cooks in food preparation and cooking skills.
• Compiles all food orders for the section, ensuring food quality and cost are in line
the restaurant standards.
• Ensures stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with
the restaurant food standards.
• Maintains a consistent understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu
• Enforces controls to minimize food and supply waste and pilferage.
• Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained
throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
• Responsible for stock taking of ingredients, utensils, supplies and equipment
within the section of work.
• Ensures that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the kitchen’s
hygiene, health and safety policies and procedures.
• Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
• To liaise with the team with reference to possible improvements/difficulties in
Minimum 3 years of experience in bakery & pastry field
• Recognized culinary certificate/ qualification and large food production
experience would be an advantage
• Have good knowledge in preparation of cakes, pastry and desserts preparation
• Good supervisory skills
• Able to work under pressure
• Have experience working in Restaurant, Hotel or Catering business
• Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
• Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods
• Able to work on weekends and public holidays
• Presents a positive and professional attitude at all times
• Basic computer skill is an added advantage
• Good communications skill is essential
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow team members as part of a team