Key Role Specific Accountabilities
Development and Creativity
- The Development Chef is the lead, inspirator & creator of the menu and specials regarding recipe development/testing in both practical and creative aspects.
Implement Specials and menu changes
- Implement specials and menu changes according to agreed recipes and standards.
- Facilitate training regarding all new items with both FOH and BOH. Ensure all standards are reviewed and maintained.
Develop Individual BOH employees
- Develop, coach and mentor the kitchen staff. Ensure to conduct their training, develop their skills and evaluate the progress.
- Consistently maintain high standards and regularly review BOH staff and provide effective feedback to help improve standards.
Advises on overall Café BOH Operations within the assigned cafes
- Ensure BOH is run to the specified service levels though regular monitoring of operational performance with the involved teams, managers and senior management.
HSSE & Quality Management
- Regular inspection of outlet and relevant equipment to ensure adherence of all government and regulatory requirements in food safety, hygiene and equipment maintenance.
- Follow internal HSSE programs especially regarding product and service levels and general cleanliness to exceed M&S and governmental guidelines.
Advises on Human Resources
- Resourcing and carry out trials and interviews for potential kitchen staff candidates.
Communicate & Coordinate
- Work closely with other departments including RO functions to promote good teamwork and efficient operations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the hospitality & food trends, the competition and supports the line manager to identify opportunities to drive sales.
Catering qualification in Hospitality / Catering Management
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Have a kitchen background with relevant qualifications. Must have formal hospitality /culinary qualifications, including menu development, costing, plating, standards
- Experience as a Head Chef or Sous Chef in a similar organization for a minimum of 3 years
Good communication skills in English both verbal and written essential