Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon Gift Cards is a key 1P payment product to drive Amazon flywheel and serve gift needs of customers. Additionally, Amazon strives to be the preferred gifting destination by offering a wider gift card selection.
We are looking for a customer-obsessed, process-driven, dynamic and self-directed Category Program Manager to build and grow the Amazon Gift Cards and third party Gift Cards business in South Africa across Online or Offline channels. The candidate will launch new products, programs, features and drive adoption for the Gift Cards in South Africa.
The candidate will be responsible in working with non-tech and tech stakeholders to enhance the product CX via customer insights, manage product compliance by working with legal and risk teams, resolve customer issuers with CS team, perform data deep dives to generate insights and recommendations, manage inventory and selection, report business metrics and drive Gift Cards adoption. Since our environment at Amazon is fast-paced and complex, it requires a candidate who is flexible, pays attention to detail and is able to deal with ambiguity. The candidate should also have excellent interpersonal skills.
This position will be based in Dubai, UAE.
Key job responsibilities
(i) Support product/feature launches: Support the launch of onsite GC products in ZA, starting with eGC followed by incremental features for B2B and B&M channel. This will extend to supporting launch of third party Gift Cards and experiences. Also collaborate with marketing team to drive adoption.
(ii) Addressing customer issues: Resolve customer issues by working with CS team. Also, enhance product CX and search experience onsite via insights from customer contacts and
(iii) Compliance: Manage Gift Cards product compliance by working with legal and risk teams
(iv) Insights: Perform data deep dives to generate customer and product insights/recommendations
(v) Selection management: Manage Inventory, themes, occasions and brands of Gift Cards across online and offline channels.
(vi) Reporting: Report business metrics weekly/monthly/quarterly basis to leadership
– 5+ years of program or project management experience
– 4+ years of defining and implementing process improvement initiatives using data and metrics experience
– 4+ years of working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams experience
– Bachelor’s degree
– Knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps) at an advanced level and SQL
– Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
– 3+ years of driving end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership experience
– 3+ years of driving process improvements experience
– Experience in stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders at varied levels of the organization
– Experience building processes, project management, and schedules
– 3+ years of defining and executing against program timeline & requirements experience