The Category Manager is responsible for maximizing sales through efficient planning, buying, trading and product
allocation to all sales channels.
- Manage range building by selecting the market relevant articles from the Global Brand range and split it by store grades (BCS/OCS/SC/ECOM)
- Manage and drive respective categories positioning and presentation in all channels of distribution
- Participate and attend the major sales meeting to build accordingly proper products mix including brands key launch.
- Follow up with marketing on the seasonal calendar implementation, Key product launch, Windows, Sports Corner initiatives.
- Planning & forecasting sales, identifying areas of opportunity and potential risks to the business.
- Budgeting and planning open to buy for respective categories (order calculation).
- Pre-season and in-season matrix creation/changes (with respective merchandiser)
- Lead and execute marketing campaigns (from product side)
- Monitor on regular bases the stock position to ensure that the right volumes are available and that stores never run out of stock on best sellers.
- In-season trading (stock and sales control) and In-season pricing (PROMOs, markdowns)
- Coordinate with HR department to organize training session for sales associate for them to understand products specifications, new season collection, brand focus, market direction, upcoming campaigns.
- Conduct and analyze reports and make proposals to improve efficiency
- Drive x-functional projects to leverage business in all channels
- Clear old stock with higher margin (special target for FO old collections stock)
- Initiate processes creation
- Minimum 5 years relevant retail buying experience
- Industry: ideally in apparel/fashion/shoes or FMCG
- Exposure: Sports, Operation, Visual Merchandizing
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar field.
Job Specific Skills:
- Good financial acumen coupled with the ability to analyze data to make sound business/purchasing decisions
- Passionate about categories of retail sports
- Strong analytical skills in using consumer, product, POS, competitor, and related data to identify product solutions
- Strategic mindset, business savvy, creativity, and the ability to influence and negotiate in a professional manner
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a deadline- driven environment, strong customer focus, and effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Retail sales systems i.e. Retail Pro
- Microsoft Office