- Responsible for the entire operation of his/her assigned cashier-section.
- Directly works and establishes good rapport & pleasant engagements thereby contributing to bringing a much higher customer satisfaction experience for (paying) shoppers.
- The incumbent is directly responsible for proper receiving and managing of cash-sales payments.
- He/she individually contributes to meet set short term objectives.
- Assists customers waiting for check-out in a store.
- Scan & punch-in all items at the cash register
- Collect payments and provide cash-change as is needed.
- Responsible for counting contents of cash register drawer at the end of each shift ensuring correct cash/bank slips sales count.
- She/ He must ensure that checks, credit card slips, voucher etc. are properly accounted & organized.
- Must give each customer receipt detailing each transaction.
- Escalate unresolved issues with customers to direct supervisor
- May bag, wrap items or perform other duties as needed.
- Maintain clean and orderly check out areas.
- May be asked to help merchandiser/stocker in re-stocking the shelves – as is needed.
- Process merchandise returns and exchange.
- Cashiers may be asked to retrieve shopping carts from store aisles.
- Answers customer’s queries related to services performed and/or products purchased.
- Must deal with all customers with tactfully and politely.
- Must greet all entering or leaving customers.
- Maintain a neat and friendly appearance, keep all areas secure and clean
- Handle/manage Customer Service issues.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills to interact effectively with customers.
- At least a High school graduate with 1 year related experience or higher (college-level desired).
- Have an effective communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work on shift-hour schedule.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly and accurately process transactions using cash-register, calculator, and optical scanners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ethical conduct and confidence-level required
- Can work on fast-paced environment and dependable.
- Dedicated, thorough, honest, eye-for-detail, organized, numeric-skill a must.
- Customer-client focused.