Fusing of metals to produce specific products and provide support to services operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Weld metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders, using brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
- Weld metal parts together, may use both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Perform related tasks, such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Repair broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Position and clamp together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Maintain needed supplies and order as necessary with prior approval.
- Available to work on a 24 hour basis.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 1-3 years welding experience
- Use of hand tools, jigs and fixtures.
- Use of variety of welding machines.
- Use of variety of welding rods, gases and processes.
- Use of cutting torch or torch equipment.
- Preferred High school diploma or GED preferred
- Knowing various temperatures for special materials and welding to engineering specifications.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Have a Saudi citizenship