- Evaluate and check for necessity and cost of repairs to the automobile.
- Utilize customer response, visual inspection, road tests and mechanical testing devices to determine automobile repair need.
- Estimate and list repair and labor costs in a comprehensible order.
- Effect minor repairs such as hinge lubrication, battery cable replacement and brake adjustments to the automobile.
- Assess extent of auto body damage through inspections.
- Estimate and furnish repair and labor costs and calculate overall customer payment.
- Collect insurance estimates after reviewing extent of auto damage and resolve replacement and repair requirements.
- Draft work order consisting of required repair services after approvals and enter the order into work management system.
- Establish good customer relations by providing estimates and timelines and obtaining relevant customer information and handling customer queries effectively.
- Record and maintain repair details in auto body shop records.
- Upgrade job information through manufacturer publications and educational opportunities.
- Accept ownership to achieve challenging requests proactively and explore means to create job value thereby enhancing auto body shop reputation.
- Prepare damage reports and obtain relevant signatures and authorizations.
- Review vehicle and final bills as a part of the intrinsic quality check process.
- Communicate and drive home the message to customers of being the only and best choice.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Strong set of interpersonal communication skills
- Customer service mindset dedicated to helping customers get back on the road
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once