- Advising multiple areas of Parsons’ business, technology teams and leadership on implementing cyber security best practices
- Review technology designs with technology architects and engineers, taking local and regional regulatory requirements into account
- Engagement across the organization and partnership with a diverse set of Parsons IT and business stakeholders, awareness of business needs for delivery and agility and to ensure security topics (operations, engineering, risk, compliance) are integrated into all activities
- Work with Parsons Cybersecurity, Information Technology Services teams, and others on practical implementation of security controls and data protection policies across the global organization
- Respond to BU queries in support of the business programs and projects
- Monitor and record trackable metrics to identify improvement areas and simplified reporting
- Investigating, designing, & architecting specific cybersecurity controls as they are identified & required
- ·Serve as subject matter expert on network infrastructure and perimeter security technologies (such as firewalls, load balancers, WAF, CASB, proxies, SDN, DNS and DDOS solutions)
Expect a helping hand when you need it
Some jobs call for a helping hand. When that happens, we’re here for you. Our organization supports its diverse employees with a team orientation, expert mentoring, and acknowledgement of a job well done. We’ve found that a positive attitude, a spirit of cooperation and a respectful, and inclusive culture is a surefire way to keep morale, quality, and productivity high. When that happens, we all succeed. Come join us.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or other related fields, from an accredited university. Equivalent professional experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a field related to this position.
- Knowledge of the information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) with respect to security administration and information technology governance in a multiplatform environment.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and demonstrate the appropriate level of judgment and maturity in risk decision making.
- Ability to analyze a high-level goal, identify any sub-tasks and pre-requisites, then design and execute an effective plan to satisfy all requirements, completed with minimal instruction or guidance along the way.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and advocate for investments to achieve the security strategy and provide detailed analysis to recommended new approach or spend.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills; and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Experience in establishing technical metrics for reporting.