The Business Development Engineer will work independently to develop new business opportunities and engage cooperatively with Engineering, Operations, and key functional areas to hunt and support new business growth. The Business Development Engineer is assigned to Middle East & Africa and will be knowledgeable of the various markets in the region, customer’s products, applications and competitive environment. Activities will focus on developing new business opportunities with a primary focus on the Standard Products (Motive & Stationary Power Systems) to develop new opportunities and convert them into revenues. This role requires a high degree of collaboration with our global organization, esp. with the Application Engineering Team in EMEA, US & Qatar. Key functional areas are to establish the company’s technology with OEMs and distribution partners to ensure the execution of the annual sales budget.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop new customer accounts and projects in line with the overall strategy of Inventus EMEA & Qatar Technical Center.
Core activities include:
– lead generation and opportunity development through setting up a pilot/seeding project pipeline with OEMs and channel partners.
– Identify existing and new applications with the focus of transforming internal combustion engines or lead acid-powered machines into lithium Ion battery systems.
– Supports the GM of Qatar Technical Center in all business development matters and demonstrates to customers and partners the local testing and system integration capabilities.
– Build & strengthen customer relationships to the entire organization (build buying centers in Salesforce.com)
- Work closely with :
– Field Application Engineers to support new projects (e.g. product integration, consultation of solutions, rapid claim support)
– Internal Sales to support smooth operations in Finance, Logistics, Marketing, and other functions
- Coordinate globally with functional areas (Engineering, Program Management, Planning, Supply Chain, etc) to champion the region, projects (esp. Stationary), and product development
- Assist Finance & Logistics as an escalation path with invoice and other operational issues that ensure a smooth and fruitful relationship with customers. Support marketing activities to foster the brand awareness and reputation of Inventus Power in the assigned territory.
- Provide market intelligence, incl. competitive analysis, market trends, and opportunities to the EMEA & global teams
- Support EMEA & global management on strategy development and planning.
- Education Background (Major, Degree, etc.):
Associates degree in a technical discipline (electrical preferred). A sound understanding of the sales process and knowledge of battery technology is a plus. The first experience in selling to industrial markets combined with presentation and analytical skills may be considered.
- Work Experience (Area, Service Year, etc.):
Minimum 2 years experience in sales engineering. Background of manufacturing environment preferred.
- Skills and Level (Language, IT, expertise, etc.):
Strong computer/research skills, Knowledge in IoT, Machine Communication Systems (e.g. CANOpen) proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) software. Experience with Salesforce is preferred. Knowledge of JIRA, CAD systems is a plus
Fluent in English and Arabic
‘- Outstanding communicator but “engineer by heart”
– Exceptional skills set to manage technically complex sales projects
– Experience in communicating also at senior/strategic buying levels
– Strong experience with local business culture is required – the existing local network is an asset.
– Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with international teams.
Ability to travel throughout the Middle East and Europe