Under the direct supervision of Head of Resource Management, the incumbent based in Dubai-UAE, will be responsible for following duties:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
· Responsible for the coordination and tracking of projects assigned to Fast IT, Telecoms, Emergency and Support Team (FITTEST), including the follow up on financial arrangements, closure of Travel Expenses Claims (TECs) at the end of the mission and when required.
· Contribute in compiling data for profit and loss report of TECF
· Compile data and provide basic analysis, maintain accurate records and files and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports for further reviews, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
· Provide input for the annual report, mission days, man days & downtime.
· Track project budget expenditure as the project progresses and disseminate an internal consumption report
· Prepare the sheet of advances for programming and clearance of funds
· Monitor all the transactions in all the accounts of TECF and validate with business owners
· Calculate the cost of missions Proforma Invoice/ Final Invoice (PFI/FI)
· Assist for the preparation and dissemination of progress and status reports on FITTEST managed projects
· Creation and follow up of internal purchase orders (ZPO) required for TECF projects
· Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected ares at the onset of the crisis.
· Enter accurate data in the corporate systems within the established deadlines, to enable easy access to information and support planning and decision-making.
· Assist in inventory management for TECF
· Perform other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A university degree in Finance, accounting or related field is desirable.
Experience: At least five years of relevant working in finance, accounting, business administration/management, or a related field.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills: Advanced Excel skills, knowledge of WFP financial regulations and rules is desirable, experience in corporate SAP/ERP systems is highly desired.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.