- Lead development of institutional planning and budgeting process (both revenue and cost), including the development of the budget manual and templates, creation of tools to develop work plans, work with programs developing budgets, and reconciliation of budgets with programmatic work plans and organizational goals.
- Lead the production of financial analyses and presentations for Rare’s Board of Trustees throughout the year.
- Develop regular financial reports and analysis forecasting and trending budget performance and institutional financial positioning for VP, Finance and Operations and Senior Leadership team.
- Ensure compliance with current budget and spending policies, and propose improved policies and systems regarding spending guidelines, cost savings, cost allocation, and annual planning.
- A bachelor’s in accounting, business management, finance, or similar.
- At least 8 years of experience as a budget analyst, financial analyst, business accountant, or similar.
- A demonstrable record of promoting organizational growth through effective budget planning.
- Thorough knowledge of legal frameworks and business accounting procedures.
- Experience with accounting software (QuickBooks, Sage X3, etc.).
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.