Technical and supervisory work responsible for technicians engaged in automotive body repairs.
Work involves responsibility for workflow planning, assigning duties, inspecting in the body repairs and painting of automotive vehicles and equipment. Supervision is exercised over a group of automotive body denters & painters. General supervision works for completeness and compliance with good standards of quality and production.
- Thorough knowledge of the tools, materials, methods, and practices used in automotive painting and denting repairs.
- Thorough knowledge of automotive repairs, cost estimates, and frame straightening processes.
- Thorough knowledge of paints, lacquers, enamels, paint removers and other surface preparers and finishes, and of their properties and applications.
- Ability to organize, instruct and supervise the activities of skilled workers.
- Ability to make mathematical calculations and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Good physical condition.
Graduation from high school or vocational school. Thorough experience in a variety of automotive painting and body work, including completion of an apprenticeship and attainment of technician rank as an automotive paint and body worker and some supervisory experience.
Equivalent combination of training and experience.