Bidding & Estimation Operations
• Receive inquiries from clients (RFQ, etc.) and allocate the team accordingly for preparation of bids
• Chair internal meetings with concerned stakeholders on discussions to brainstorm project requirements and review future requirements
• Peruse the contents of the RFQ and review technical response basis finalized scope of work
• Review estimation of manpower, material and equipment requirements required and provide recommendations to the concerned stakeholders
• Review technical and commercial reports (response to RFQ’s) in prescribed client formats to be sent to Bid Committee for review and approval
• Ensure legal terms and conditions of the contracts are vetted by the Legal team before garnering approval by the concerned authority on the same
• Work with the concerned department to finalize cost estimations for commercial bids and identify quantum of discounts to be accorded and freeze cut-off prices
• Answer any technical questions or clarifications the client may have during pre-bid meetings and further in process
• Establish and oversee a central repository that shall be accessible only to the members of Bidding & Estimation department for safekeeping critical client documents
• Lead the project handover post contract win to the concerned stakeholders by conducting detailed presentations comprising contract, project execution details, etc.
Reporting & periodic meetings
• Oversee the preparation of Bidding & Estimation status report to have a clear view of RFQ’s received, contract timelines and expiry, status in bids, etc.
• Conduct periodic inter departmental meetings on the progress of commercial and technical proposal preparation, bid submission, etc.
• Get inputs from concerned stakeholders and prepare actionable items for the Bidding & Estimation team
• Interact with clients and stay abreast of RFQs to make a quick bid
• Establish positive client relationships to be go-to person for different project/contract requirements
• Ensure timely vendor registrations take place at client side by reviewing and directing the team
• Effectively manage, motivate, and develop the department
• Supervise and review performance of individuals in the team
• Give direction and leadership towards the achievement of the division’s strategy, goals, and objectives
• Provide coaching and guidance to the team members
• Drive effective internal and external interactions
Educational Qualifications and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Electro-mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Practical experience in a similar position advantageous.
- An experienced tender management professional well aware of the importance of meeting deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills, required for managing deadline-based projects and understanding client deliverables for project success.
- An excellent communicator capable of negotiating projects to benefit the organization.