The Programme Associate (Reports) will support the gender, protection and accountability to affected populations teams in WFP Lebanon Country Office in strengthening gender equality and disability inclusion efforts, based on all relevant WFP policies and guidelines across the Lebanon Country Office activities.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer (Gender Officer), the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provide technical expertise in data collection, storage structures, data cleansing.
• Provide quality assurance of imported community feedback mechanisms data and develop analyses, reports and dashboards
• Support initiatives for enhancing data integrity and normalization and the digitalisation of community feedback mechanisms referral pathways
• Assist in facilitating research, analysis and reporting of the gender, protection and accountability to affected populations – including the call center.
• Assist in the design, visualisation and the implementation of knowledge management products
• Document and report on lessons learned from community feedback mechanisms and resulting programmatic adjustments.
• Provide end-users capacity strengthening on new reports and dashboards.
• Coordinate and input to the presentations and factsheets for the donor missions and WFP management.
• Coordinate with program units to obtain necessary data and information for the reports.
• Consolidate AAP, gender and protection data and input to WFP’s weekly report, monthly sitrep and annual reports
• Contribute to record-keeping and document archiving in relation to gender, protection and accountability to affected populations
• Support the Gender Officer, Protection Officer and CFM Manager in collating inputs for donor and corporate reports, including the Annual Corporate Reports (ACRs), monthly reports that contribute towards the Situational Reports (SITREP),
• Closely coordinate with the Gender Officer, Protection Officer and CFM Manager to produce reports that feed into the tailored information products by Operational Information Management (OIM) teams.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Data literacy – the ability to handle large datasets, analyse and present key findings
• Knowledge in creating infographics and well-branded reporting products
• Strong analytical skills and independent thinking:
-Being able to bridge macro perspectives and operational issues
-Experience in analysing data and information about context and affected populations in order to make recommendations for improved programming – preferably in relation to gender, protection and accountability to affected populations.
-The ability to analyse linkages between call centre data, programmatic concerns/decisions, and broader humanitarian and socio-political context
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including substantive analysis and report writing skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point); Experience utilizing computer programs, including word processing, spreadsheets, data capture systems and other software packages and systems
• Excellent teamwork skills in a multicultural environment
• Detailed work style and strong work ethics
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A university degree in Data Science, International Relations, Gender Studies, Social Sciences, Political Science, Development Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Journalism, Business Management or other relevant fields would be desirable
Experience: At least Five (5) years’ progressive experience in humanitarian context with at least (2) years in layout and design of reports using Microsoft or Adobe software
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English. Fluency in another UN language is a plus.