To provide specialized communications services including designing and launching digital campaigns, creating content and other services aimed at enhancing WFP’s visibility and reputation.
Duration of Assignment:
The Senior Communications Associate will be contracted for an initial term of 12 months. Contract may be extended based on business need and satisfactory performance.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Communications Officer and the overall supervision of the Head of Partnerships and Communications, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Manage WFP Lebanon’s online presence and set a digital plan in place including establishing goals and identifying target audiences
- Oversee all content production for WFP’s social media platforms and website, and work closely with the Communications team to create a content calendar that covers all WFP Lebanon’s activities throughout the year
- Develop relatable and creative digital campaigns in coordination and with the support of the Communications team which best cover WFP’s assistance in the country and donor visibility
- Conduct research, suggest ideas, and support in ensuring the timely and effective delivery of video/film, photographic and radio projects that support and engage audiences in a meaningful manner
- Evaluate the effectiveness of digital campaigns and WFP Lebanon’s performance online using metrics through regularly produced insights on best practices and lessons learned
- Support different units to ensure full coverage of activities including donor visibility materials while also ensuring consistent messaging, quality control, and a coherent user experience across WFP digital platforms
- Monitor traditional and social media and report relevant information to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies
- Support the Communications team in the organising of media missions and donor visits to the field when needed and collecting content
- Work closely with colleagues to organise and execute special events including scheduling, planning, publicising, attending, and covering the events
- Manage the storage and distribution of audio-visual materials in accordance with relevant policies in an accurate and organised manner
- Maintain relationships with partners, internal and external stakeholders to provide an aligned and coherent service, and to identify opportunities to collaborate/integrate processes and activities
- Perform other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University degree in Journalism, Communications, International Relations, Public Relations, or another relevant field is a plus.
Experience: At least seven (7) years of relevant progressively responsible experience in communications, ideally within a humanitarian organization.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic languages.
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Has demonstrated a sound understanding of communication techniques and activities and awareness of the socio-political context in which WFP operates in
- Has managed digital and social media platforms
- Has experience in utilising specialist communications techniques to enhance functional outputs
- Has liaised with third-party supplies to create content, manage work and/or organise events
- Has provided ad-hoc guidance to new and old staff members