Job Purpose The purpose of the Business Development Manager’s job is to plan, implement and carry out all sales & marketing activities in order to meet the company objectives for client retention and profitable growth in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Principal Accountability
- Identity long term marketing strategic goals, build key customer relationship, identify business opportunities, negotiate, and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market.
- Demonstrate experience in sales, seek out new business opportunities with defined guidelines and timescales.
- Deliver consistently against all targets.
- Build, manage & maintain a sustainable pipelines or qualified opportunities to underpin target achievement.
- Ensure that all business activities are accurately recorded and updated in a timely manner
- Thoroughly research and understand all market sectors to identify potential client targets.
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms as required and in-line with company’s guidelines after liaising with the Country Manager.
- Track progress against targets on an on-going basis and take necessary action to refocus effort targets are not being met.
- Ensure completion of all required Sales documentation and adhere to all sales processes.
- Continuously demonstrate achievement of results e.g. business improvements, cost savings, revenue generation.
- Maintain strong client relationships
- Set and review of organizational and productivity objectives.
- Construct/ develop database for contract management.
- Track all progress/ validity of all contracts.
- Liaise with Country Manager prior to any contract expiry.
Communication & Working Relationship
- Report Directly to Country Manager on market progress, new opportunities and any high-level issues.
- Liaise with client for addressing of any concern.
- Collaborate with other managers for the receiving of technical inputs.
- Interact with the management on daily basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Hospitality or Business Administration. MBA degree is a plus.
- Excellent Interpersonal, Communications, and organization skills.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Business Development in the industrial catering, facilities management and camp services
- Proven past or current experience in the Kingdom Saudi Arabia
- Proven past or current experience in dealing with Oil & Gas clients (private or government), construction contractors or institutional catering
- Possess excellent skills for technical writing of proposal and client correspondence
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Excel
- Fluency in English.
Working conditions Business Development Manager is a Head Office based position; however, the nature of job could involve deployment at remote locations/ camps. Such a task will require the Business Development Manager to adapt with the remote locations working conditions such as distance from city, prolonged travels, lack of mobile phone signal coverage, lack of internet access, etc…