- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations that are given particular weight regarding the employment status of assigned employees.
- Audits energy management reporting to ensure accurate reporting data.
- Assists in the design and specifications of planned jobs and/or contracts, including mechanical, hardware, software, and controls sequence recommendations.
- Plans and develops, assigns, and adjusts work methods and procedures to optimize automation system applications.
- Inspects work in process to ensure standardization of control processes and sequences.
- Trains employees in new methods and procedures, including energy conservation.
- Prepares estimates of proposed job costs to insure effective utilization of personnel and equipment.
- Verifies accuracy of energy monitoring, energy reports, and calibration procedures.
- Prepares software and sequence design and specifications of planned jobs or contracts.
- Maintains records and files, including the approval of timecards and absences, and submits as required.
- Assists in the preparation of capital and operations budgets.
- Maintains correct stock levels of repair or replacement parts.
- Provides technical advice and support to subordinates regarding air volume controllers, laboratory controls, and other electronic fume hood controls.
- Coordinates with suppliers, contractors, engineers, and others concerning equipment operations or maintenance.
- Oversees building automation systems programming and verifies programming results.
- Prioritizes facility building automation systems operations and maintenance, repair, and updates to existing facilities to optimize building equipment, systems, and operation.
- Proved work experience as BAS supervisor
- Reading and understanding schematics and software languages.
- Analyzing complex parameters to prevent automated systems malfunctions.