The purpose of the role will be to develop the methodologies for effective ALM Risk reporting and monitoring. In addition , the selected candidate will also drive an effective mechanism for implementation of new regulatory requirements and ensure compliance of regulatory guidelines on a consistent basis for FAB’s Liquidity & Funding Risks and IRRBB.
The job holder will ensure that adherence to regulatory requirements through appropriate development of system tools and reports are synergized with the comprehensive monitoring and analysis of FAB Liquidity position and implementation of the Group Liquidity strategy. The function takes into account the liquidity aspects of the current situation as well as the forward looking aspects and key vulnerabilities.
Additionally, the candidate will prepare relevant risk reports and closely manage the escalation workflow for breaches.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Assist the Head of ALM Risk & FTP Control in setting up the methodologies & framework for effective ALM Risk monitoring.
- Work with ALM Risk & FTP Control team to establish the Liquidity risk governance framework including the Liquidity risk management process & infrastructure
Liquidity Risk & Funding Oversight
- Provide an independent oversight to the Bank’s adherence to the ALM Risk framework
- Oversight of reporting of liquidity and IRRBB risk metrics (Regulatory, Internal as determined by ALCO)
- Review of stress testing reports (impact) for Liquidity Risk and IRRBB
- Manage an effective breaches escalation workflow
Risk Management Systems & Projects
- Direct engagement in the enhancement process for the current ALM systems to improve business operations & processes
- Provide the required support to implement new ALM modules
- Collaborate with the ALM Risk team to ensure the achievement of the ALM risk projects within the timelines
- Ongoing update of ALM system configurations to align with the implementation of new products
- Derive and incorporate in the ALM system, interest rate/FX shock scenarios in line with the market expectations
- Provide on-going assurance that the LCR/NSFR system templates are accurate and in line with the latest regulation
- Periodic validation of business rules modelled in the ALM system to derive Dynamic balance sheet
- Partnering effectively with all relevant stakeholders (such as Group Risk, Group Treasury and ALM desk, etc.) with the highest standards of business ethics, whilst promptly attending to all critical issues in-order to ensure the services required by the organisation are delivered in the most effective manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Management, Banking or Finance, preferably with certification in risk management.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of Global market and Treasury products
- Good knowledge and grasp of banking practices, financial markets, Basel III and products at a higher level and awareness of the country regulatory framework