Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Possesses, understands and applies knowledge and experience of power system , software, integration and automation, industrial controls, PLCs, industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems, protocol analyzers, and industry SCADA practices and related SEL products to complete complex assignments.
2. Lead in training and assisting customers with the creation, design configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation systems.
3. Lead in assigning, completing and implementing work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
4. Assist in the identification, preparation and presentation of successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
5. Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
6. Model, teach, and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. In Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
2+ years relevant application years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and software, integration and automation, industrial controls, PLCs, industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems, protocol analyzers, and industry SCADA practicespractices and philosophies
Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system automation and communications applications
Demonstrated proven knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Professional Engineer License or equivalent certification
Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
Project management experience
Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software