From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data – and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex translation assignments across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
Our tailored external audit services help build trust and confidence through transparency, clarity and consistency. We are 79,000+ professionals based worldwide across 150 countries. Audit services involve reporting on the fairness in all material respects with which a client’s audited financial statements are presented, in conformity with the applicable financial reporting framework.
As a Translator in the Audit team, you will support with translation from English to Arabic and vice versa. You will provide high-quality translation for different documents such as financial statements, proposals, feasibility studies, AGM minutes, and government documents, while maintaining the precise meaning and spirit of the original text.
- Use dictionaries and other resources to determine the meaning of words and phrases and to establish their closest equivalent in the target language, with full attention to facts and nuance, so that the intent and tone of the original meaning is preserved.
- Edit, standardize, proofread, revise, and finalize translated material prepared by other translators.
- Review all your assigned tasks before sharing with your line manager or client.
- Organize translated material and finalize translation according to set standards regarding order, consistency, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology,
- Research business, legal and technical phraseology pertinent to the assigned projects.
- Consult with experts to retain and develop professional knowledge on technical areas of translation assignment.
Skills and attributes for success
- Managing several assignments and priorities at the same time in order to deliver on business commitments without any delay.
- Obtaining and presenting specialized information within strict accuracy, format requirements and timeframes will be key to being successful in this role.
- Being able to meet the standard daily productivity of translation.
- Making appropriate term base research.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise with the other members of your team.
- Receiving good feedback on translation and meeting expectations of all requesters and stakeholders.
In addition, knowing the policies, procedures and practices of EY as well as being aware of the role requirements and how it impacts the business.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Arabic language as your first language
- Bachelor’s degree in the English Language or translation
- 2-4 years of financial translation experience within audit, banking, or financial institution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluent, business-level English speaking and writing skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Track record with a leading audit firm
- Formal certificate / diploma of translation
- Proficiency in using CAT Tools (SDL Trados Studio)
What we look for
We are looking for a qualified candidate, who possesses highly specialized knowledge and background of financial and business translation as well as understands how to manage resources and communicate effectively.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.