About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for an Associate Environmental Manager with minimum 10 years’ experience to work on an infrastructure project in KSA. The primary job role of the Associate Environmental Manager will be to undertake environmental inspections on a major construction project and liaise with internal and external site-based staff to increase environmental awareness and keep site staff informed on environmental requirements and risks. The Associate Environmental Manager will ensure compliance to all environmental requirements as per the statutory guidelines and regulations and as per the National Center for Environmental Compliance (NCEC) permit and review contractors’ environmental reporting in addition to helping compile periodic?environmental reports for the project and collate quarterly reports for subsequent issuance to the NCEC.
A typical week would include:
* Ensure that all construction activities are carried out in an environmentally safe manner and in adherence to the company Environmental policy, statutory regulations and guidelines onsite.
* Review Contractors’ Environmental Plan, procedures and any Environment-related documents and within agreed timeframe.
* Liaising with PM construction, engineers and Contractors’ HSE representatives on a daily basis for all matters relating to the Environment.
* Take part in all Environmental accident/incident/near miss investigations relating to any construction related incident and ensure timely reporting of incidents.
* Promote environmental stewardship while maintaining compliance in all areas of the Projects through conformance with identified environmental requirements.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* Minimum Bachelor Degree in related field, Holder of appropriate licenses / Environmental and Engineer certificates
* English Fluent (mandatory)
* Arabic/Hindi (desirable)
* 10 years relevant experience
* Active Construction / Engineer Site Experience
* Located in KSA with ability to begin work immediately
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy – we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.?Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.