About Jumeirah & the Hotel
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah Al Naseem is a cool and contemporary beachside retreat offering a world of exquisite dining, indulgent wellness, and exceptional comfort in spectacular surroundings. It is located on Jumeirah Beach Road, adjacent to sister properties Jumeirah Beach Hotel and Burj Al Arab Jumeirah; only 26kms from Dubai International Airport / 25 minutes by car. Al Naseem offers 435 rooms and 45 suites, all with sea-facing views. The hotel is located so close to the water that the sounds of the sea reach guest rooms, open terraces, and outdoor restaurants. Home to 11 restaurants and bars, three managed externally and seven managed by Jumeirah Group, Jumeirah Al Naseem has a world of exquisite taste.
“Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.”
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for Assistant Manager, Health & Safety in Jumeirah Al Naseem.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Carry out monthly food safety inspections in F&B outlets and other food preparation areas including banquet events. Prepare reports, communicate with respective managers and verify the corrective actions taken for any deviations.
- Update the monthly food hygiene score to the HACCP team leader and F&B director.
- Carry out daily random inspections in kitchens and F&B service areas and ensure that all food is handled, prepared, stored and transported in a satisfactory manner.
- Ensure that the departments are monitoring HACCP standards such as CPs and CCPs.
- Ensure that the HACCP team is fully updated on all HACCP related issues; escalate any trends or matters that need the action of senior management in the monthly HACCP meeting.
- Assist chefs, F&B, stewards to prepare SOPs that are related to the maintenance of HACCP.
- Assist HSE Team with HSE related matters; inspections; investigations; training delivery; inductions; audits.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or Master’s degree in Microbiology, Food Science or Food Technology (Essential).
- Intermediate/ advanced food hygiene certificate.
- NEBOSH Certificate (Desirable).
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation allowance, life insurance, functional incentives, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.