Lake St Clair Lodge / Frenchmans Cap Rest is a small resort accommodation business located in the heart of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. Offering 42 cabins, restaurant, cafe, bar and water ferry service on Australia’s deepest lake.
Reporting directly to the Tourism and Operations Manager, we are seeking an exceptional Assistant Manager and Restaurant Supervisor, to work side by side with the current Tourism and Operations Manager to oversee and direct the day to day activities of the resort whilst simultaneously creating and maintaining a unique guest experience.
You will promote teamwork and delivering quality service and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback goals for all team members. You will have a “hands on” approach to work and also assist the Tourism and Operations Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the property to ensure optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability. Being a small site, the position may also be required to assist in all other positions from time to time.
This is a full time permanent position.
Within this role your key responsibilities will be:
- Proven experience as a Front of House Supervisor, Food and Beverage Supervisor or similar role in a remote resort environment
- Very strong english language skills, particularly in comprehension, written and spoken english
- Strong HR skills with experience in training and development and disciplinary counselling
- The ability to think independently, plan and implement promotional activities to increase revenue
- Experience in providing accurate daily, weekly and monthly management reports as directed by the Tourism and Operations Manager
- Full understanding of relevant regulations and OH&S policies
- Excellent personal presentation and grooming standard
If you are looking to further your career in Hospitality, and want to work in a fun and positive environment, why not consider this world heritage adventure today and apply now.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Please note that this position requires weekend work and grooming standards apply.
- This is a remote living position (5kms from site, 2.5 hrs from Hobart (being the nearest schools and shops)).
- You will be provided with subsidized accommodation and meals (whilst working) which is set at the rate under the relevant government Award.
- Due to location this role would not be suitable for anyone with school aged children.
Required skills and qualifications for this role are:
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree in relevant field;
- Current senior first aid and CPR;
- Current Safe Food Handling Certificate Current;
- RSA and Barista Certificate;
- Manual drivers licence;
- Friendly mannerisms and very fluent communication in English
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable
Desired qualifications / skills:
- Tourism industry professional with long term hospitality experience