About the Job
- Meets with requester to determine requirements of projects; determines and prepares cost estimates.
- Performs original design work utilizing specifications, sketches and ideas on developing designs.
- Analyzes space utilization effectiveness and changing demands for space needs: recommends actions to meet new requirements.
- Assists in compiling data for comprehensive facilities use and feasibility data to be used for campus planning, capital improvement and long-range planning.
- Assists in compiling data for architectural plans, specifications, cost estimates, reports, etc.
- Assists in the preparation for plans for existing buildings where plans are not available.
- Assists in conducting preliminary studies of proposed projects to obtain information as to space and design requirements, obtaining measurements and making sketches preliminary to the preparation of drawing.
- Assists in preparation of scale drawing of details required for contract drawing.
- Assists in preparation of design development drawings.
- Assists in the preparation of record drawings on completion of construction drawings.
- Assists in developing and/or coordinating development of detailed working drawings and specifications after approval for project has been obtained.
- Assists with coordinating bid process.
- Reviews shop drawings, specifications, cost estimates and construction material recommendations submitted by outside architects and contractors to ensure adherence to contract and notifies architect of discrepancies.
- Provides support to Architects and management staff.
- Monitors the implementation of the on-the-job training to ensure an on-going skills development process to increase team competence
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field / experience in use of CAD technology; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- 5 years and more of relevant experience in gulf field is a plus.
- CAD 2D
- Microsoft Office Package
- Revit is preferable
Strong Background about codes and standard.