About the Team
ISG Technology strives to provide measurable competitive advantage to our business by delivering high quality, innovative and cost effective reference data technology and operational; solutions in order to meet the needs of the business, our clients, our regulators and stakeholders.
Global Reconciliation Unit (GRU) drives a common operating and technology model, that delivers a scalable, controlled, low cost and low risk service offering, supporting global reconciliation production, Enforcing a global risk and control framework for reconciliations
GRU Offers commoditized and complex reconciliations in the global processing hubs establishing a “best in class” center of excellence for reconciliations globally reducing silo / fragmented reconciliation strategies into one central operating model driving a common IT reconciliation strategy and reducing replication across the group spanning across a wide range of technology and niche skills supported by a heavily scalable infra, becoming a strategic platform for business
GRU has multiple components and strategically evolves to Support the ever growing business/market requirements and regulatory and risk control requirements.
Our team interfaces with a vast client base and works in close partnership with Operations, Development and other technology counterparts running the application production platform, providing quick resolutions and timely communications to their issues, and driving improvements to stability and efficiency practices to help us and the business succeed.
The Apps Support Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- The Application Support Senior Analyst provides technical and business support for users of Citi Applcations. This includes providing quick resolutions to app issues, driving stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the business succeed.
- Maintains application systems that have completed the development stage and are running in the daily operations of the firm.
- Manages, maintains and supports applications and their operating environments, focusing on stability, quality and functionality against service level expectations.
- Start of day checks, continuous monitoring, and regional handover.
- Perform same day risk reconciliations
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Identifies ways to maximize the potential of the applications used
- Assess risk and impact of production issues and escalate to business and technology management in a timely manner.
- Ensures that storage and archiving procedures are in place and functioning correctly
- Formulates and defines scope and objectives for complex application enhancements and problem resolution
- Reviews and develops application contingency planning to ensure availability to users.
- Partners with appropriate development and production support areas to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
- Participate in application releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
- Engages in post implementation analysis to ensure successful system design and functionality.
- Considers implications of the application of technology to the current environment. Identifies risks, vulnerabilities and security issues; communicates impact.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and helps to define operating standards and processes.
- Act as a liaison between users/traders, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors.
- Expected to be able to raise problems to appropriate technology and business teams, while adhering to Service Level Agreements.
- Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams.
- Exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information.
- Active involvement in and ownership of Support Project items, covering Stability, Efficiency, and Effectiveness initiatives.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years experience in an Application Support role.
- Experience installing, configuring or supporting business applications.
- Experience with some programming languages and willingness/ability to learn.
- Advanced execution capabilities and ability to adjust quickly to changes and re-prioritization
- Effective written and verbal communications including ability to explain technical issues in simple terms that non-IT staff can understand.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Issue tracking and reporting using tools
- Knowledge/ experience of problem Management Tools.
- Good all-round technical skills
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholde
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Application Support Experience:
- Atleast 4-5 years of strong Application production support(L2/L3) experience in the financial industry and 9 + years over all experience
- Self-motivated and goal driven
- Experience using call/ticketing software
Linux / Unix
- 5 – 6 years of experience
- Expert in SQL/PLSQL, experience in any of the RDBMS. , Oracle ,ORAAS (4-5 Years min)
- Autosys / CONTROL-M or other schedulers will be of added advantage.
- UNIX shell scripting, Python / PERL, Java will be of added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
- Experience using/troubleshooting Office with emphasis on Word, Excel.
- Knowledge / working experience of ITRS Active Console/other monitoring tools
- Knowledge / working experience of Autosys/scheduler.
Additional Skills (preferable)
- Product Knowledge: Smartstream TLM
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting