Process insurance payments. Medical secretaries and administrative assistants need to be familiar with medical terminology and codes, medical records, and hospital or laboratory procedures.
- Answer telephones and take messages or transfer calls.
- Schedule appointments and update event calendars.
- Arrange staff meetings.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and faxes.
- Prepare memos, invoices, or reports.
- Edit documents.
- Maintain databases and filing systems.
- Perform basic bookkeeping.
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Prioritization and problem-solving.
- Organization and planning.
- Research and analysis.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer service.
- Phone Etiquette.