Founded in 2011, with the vision of making a mother’s life easier, Mumzworld has pioneered a revolutionary and gold standard e-commerce shopping experience for all things mother, baby and child in the Middle East region.
Today, Mumzworld prides itself with being the premier, trusted and definitive source of mother baby and child products in the region, with the largest unique range of products. Mothers are at the heart of our brand. We not only strive to ensure that they make the most informed purchase decisions and receive a delightful, seamless and unique online experience, but also that they are empowered and engaged by the most supportive bilingual community. From the region, and for the region, we have impacted a community of over 2,000,000 Mumz and growing. Mumzworld has received numerous international and regional awards, anchoring it as the leader in its space. We are always on the lookout for the smartest, most ambitious talent who share our vision to build a best in class vertical ecommerce business, who are interested in contributing to the larger community and who believe that the only way to build great businesses is by being smarter, faster and more innovative than anyone else. We look for team players who are modest, understated, yet create a loud impact with their results. If that is you, we’d love to chat.
Here’s a snapshot of what your responsibilities would include:
- Reconciling and processing supplier payments.
- Clarifying any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures
- Preparing vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures
- Managing petty cash and updating cash transactions daily basis.
- Scrutinizing new supplier, trade license, vat number etc.
- Keeping a track of payables.
- Keeping books up accounts updated
- Keeping track of key areas e.g prepayments, top supplier’s payables, cash bills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- Min. 3 years’ experience as an Accountant within the Retail, E-commerce or FMCG industry
- Must have cleared CA Intermediate Exam
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail