- Oversees Accounting operations, which include financial accounting, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Recruits and hires Accounting staff and conducts performance evaluations.
- Implements training for new hires and identifies training opportunities for current staff.
- Oversees the system of internal controls over Accounting functions to minimize risk.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Oversees the preparation of periodic financial statements and the corporate annual report.
- Ensures that financial reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Assists external auditors and provides required statements and information for the annual audit.
- Reviews budget reports and assists other departments to prepare annual budgets.
- Coordinates the preparation of the corporate tax return.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Complies with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Identifies and recommends updates to accounting processes and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Mastery of accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Five years or more of related experience required.