Responsible for a wide variety of finance-related tasks that are primarily associated with preparing financial records and implementing accounting control procedures in accordance with internal policies and International Accounting Standards.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling account information.
- Handle general Account Activities ( payable and receivables).
- Review invoices received from suppliers and perform invoice matching with delivery notes and purchase order.
- Record all accounts receivable transactions and ensure timely completion of accounts for the month end closing.
- Submit statement of accounts to suppliers on monthly basis and reconcile variances.
- Ensure release of supplier payments as per the department’s purchase and credit policies and maintain proper accounts for the suppliers.
- Implement policies for the control and accounting of payments under the supervision of the Finance manager.
- Calculate reimbursement of Petty Cash expenses.
- Prepare cheques and wire-transfers with payment vouchers for approvals.
- Monitor and ensure the accuracy of the accounts receivables listings in order to ensure timely collections.
- Ensure reconciliations for payments on a daily basis through various streams (cash credit card, debit card cheques etc.).
- Prepare invoices and update related parties’ accounts in coordination with the Sales Division and the Operations Division to ensure verification of payment documents within set time frame.
- Verify receipt, oversee the processing of receipts and perform accounts receivable related data entry in order to ensure all money transactions received by The Bridge Co.; record full documentary evidence and approval required to safeguard the organization’s resources.
- Handle General Ledger Activities, complete all monthly General Ledger (GL) procedures including journal entry preparation, discrepancy resolution, and account analysis as well as cost accounting:
- Enter direct journal vouchers (e.g. related to Payroll, account payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets etc.)
- Reconcile Sub ledgers with General Ledger (all subsidiary accounts and records will be reconciled to the General Ledger) monthly and at year-end closing.
- Provide analysis and summaries of all accounting information.
- Maintain adequate audit trails to permit tracking a transaction from end to end in order to allow for the detection and correction of errors.
- Coordinate with auditors to implement financial auditing programs that are responsible for reviewing and evaluating financial controls and operational efficiency.
- Prepare budget forms, models and templates to be used by the department managers in the budgeting process.
- Perform other duties related to the job as assigned by the Direct Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Accounting or related field. Accounting, Certifications: would be an advantage.
- 5 – 7 years of proven experience in the same or related field.
- Strong Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent Computer skills, Operating systems, Microsoft Office suite and Mastering.