Warehouse keeper and purchasing officer
- Receive, pull stock, store, and maintain warehouse inventory
- Responsible for the issuance of materials and supplies to all departments in the organization
- Examine stock and dispose of depreciated and obsolete stock following the organization’s policy
- Keep documentation of materials and supplies issued and warehouse transfers
- Responsible for the preparation of work orders
- Handle all ERP warehouse transfers and reporting them.
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilisation
- Complete diary logs into inventory
- Report any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Conducting product research and sourcing new suppliers and vendors.
- Sourcing materials, goods, products, and services and negotiating the best or most cost-effective contracts and deals.
- Performing inventory inspections and reordering supplies and stock as necessary.
- Inspecting stock and reporting any faulty items or inconsistencies immediately.
- Updating and maintaining records of all orders, payments, and received stock.
- Ensuring all stock is packaged appropriately and delivered to the correct location in a timely manner.
- Proven working experience as a Warehouse Worker
- Proven working experience in Jewelry making industry (minimum 3 years)
- Proficiency in inventory software, databases and systems (ERP)
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects